Saturday, October 16, 2010

I feel as if one of my Moms died today




There is something very, very special about Barbara Billingsley or as I have always known her as, "Mrs June Cleaver".

In those days, the late '50s and early '60s, us kids who still had no idea of the make believe world of television, thought Mrs Cleaver was the ideal Mom. She listened and thought. Never was the statement "You don't know what you're talkin' about kid". She just listened.

And at the end of the Beaver's issue would be the response: "Beaver, we'll have to wait until your father (Ward) is home". And then Beaver would worry for the rest of the day and tell Wally he thought he was going to be "killed".

But you know the rest of the story. Ward was pissed, but then he remembered when he was a kid. And then he told the kids that they would take a lesson from this as he had.

This doesn't happen today. I am a real offender in this situation. I haven't been there for so, so many times that I should have. The Fact that Ward Cleaver was always there for his family makes me feel like I've offended all that I love.

I guess all I have to say now is that I want my love to go to Erica's Grammy. Patricia. A very wonderful woman.

And my Mum, Joan Marie,

Bye all

.

1 comment:

Maria Conchita said...

I feel the same way. It's almost like we know them personally. I mean we grew up with the Cleavers in our home. They were just like part of our family.