Thursday, November 1, 2007

We didn't break the Law. It doesn't apply to us Illegals!

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Pro-Illegal Alien groups are angry that the US might finally protect its own borders, might finally make it harder for people to come into this country illegally and, once here, to stay as long as they want.

Let's see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests with this example:

Let's say I break into your house.

Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to these protesters:
You are required to let me stay in your house.
You are required to add me to your family's insurance plan.
You are required to educate my kids.
You are required to provide medical coverage and many other social benefits to me and to my family.
You are required to give my children born here automatic citizenship.
You are required to look the other way when I drive without a driver's licence or liability insurance.
You are required to look the other way when I disregard your laws.

After all, I'm not a citizen of YOUR country and your laws do not apply to me!

My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest. (except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs proclaiming my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest person, (except for well, you know, I did break into your house).

And, what a deal it is for me! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, and I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE, so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America!

If you agree, pass it on (in English please).

Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off....along with the security of the United States, your future Social Security funds, your American culture and a lot of other things.

No comments: